Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ode to the night....

I love the beautiful dawn, with its freshness. The rising sun reminds me of the blushing new bride – innocent and alive. Dawn feels me with a new hope, a new dream for a new day. I am full of energy, ready to face all the challenges that might come my way…..

But as the day progresses and finally as I see the setting sun, I feel all my dreams shattering down around me…I look back at the day – lost and tired…All my hopes lie broken and I stand alone, defeated…

Then night descends, and like a child, after having spent all day playing out in the sun, crawls back into the lap of his mother, I too crawl into the bosom of mother night, hurt and bruised….O lose my6self in the darkness of the night. Her silence and calm soothes my bruised spirit, her starts fill me with wonder….I go to sleep, lying secure in the arms of mother night, whiles she heals my soul and fills my heart with a million new dreams…

Tomorrow, when I open my eyes, I’ll thank the new day for all my new dreams. night will stand back, patiently waiting to comfort her child, asking for nothing in return….

0 comments: