Wednesday, July 13, 2011

17 dead, 100 injured

Another serial blast in Bombay. Seventen people have already died. Hundred injured. The death toll will go up.

But the saddest part? I no longer feel distraught. I saw the news. Made a few calls and simply moved onto an Adam Sandler movie. Terrorism has become a part of life here in India. I wish things were different but I am afraid the innocence is truly gone. Terrorism is here to stay, so are bomb blasts. It feel disgust that I feel this way. But that's just how I feel right now. As M just said, bomb blast feels like seasons now. They are recurring. They might not happen for sometime, but they will happen. They will come. There is no way I can imagine our Government stop them. How do you provide security to a country so crowded? Yes, I feel helpless....completely, utterly helpless......

5 comments:

jjiraffe said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so sorry, and how scary it must be! I immediately thought of you when I heard the news on the radio. I'm glad you are all OK. We were in the UK during the 7/7 bombs in London. One of them went off on a bus route I frequented. It was really disturbing.

(((hugs)))

DareDevil said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey, I have been following for a little while because your story is relatable and when I read it, I was heavy with emotions as it was so much alike on what is going on in my life.
I heard about the blasts and contacted all my family & friends as well. Everyone seems to be safe, but it is tough and especially the people who are hurt or lost their loved ones!! Being an Indian, I feel deeply hurt by such attacks.

C said... Best Blogger Tips

@jjiraffe Thank you. Yes it is scary but unfortunately has now become a part of life...

C said... Best Blogger Tips

@Anjita Thanks from dropping by. I just checked your blog too. I can totally imagine how tough it must have been for you after marriage. I at least stay in the same country!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I often say to my husband, how fortunate we are to live in the country that we do. Not that it's perfect, but I've always felt safe here, whether I'm at the airport or driving over a bridge or if I take the bus. Notwithstanding the morons who like to set fires to cars when a hockey team loses the Stanley Cup, I never worry about that kind of cowardly violence.

Please chant for those who lost their lives.