Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I saw an angel...

Aaryana,

26th July, 2014. As they brought you out of that room, my heart was beating so fast, I felt it would burst. We were told that we would be matched with a baby 6-8 months of age. But when we saw you, we were shocked! You were tiny! 3 months! Within minutes your big brother was in love with you, and we soon followed suit. I wish I could have hidden you and brought you home right then!

We then took you for your medical tests. As they were drawing blood for some tests, and Danny saw you crying, he started crying too. He said to me ' it's all your fault, why did you bring her here? she is crying'. Yes, Yaana, Danny is totally in love with you. Already the protective big brother. That very evening we were told that all the tests came back clear. But yes, you were underweight, and that is an understatement. But we were not allowed to take you home with us. There was still some paperwork left to be done. You have no idea how our hearts broke as we handed you back. We were told you will be home in a week. It has been 10 days now. We are hoping to bring you home by this weekend, before rakhi. But I am not so hopeful. In India, things take their own sweet time.

We have done all the shopping that needed to be done and now we wait. We are trying to live each day as it comes, but knowing that you are there all alone is just killing. I am praying hard. So are all your aunties. Come home soon baby...

Mamma.

1 comments:

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

Is she home yet? Pictures? :)
Can you tell I'm excited?